KALMATRON® KF-Jet designed as a premix to the dry Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) powder for production of Rapid Set Cement (RSC) and Fast Setting Cement (FSC) with controlled setting time.
Distinctive difference from known products is that concrete after application has twice lower drying shrinkage cracks, higher compressive strength and adjustable hardening time.
APPLICATION AS A PREMIX TO CEMENT POWDER
- Apply at 7.5 Kg to 13.5 Kg of KF-JET per 1000 Kg of cement to get FSC (Fast Setting Cement).
- Apply at 11 Kg to 16 Kg of KF-JET per 1000 Kg of cement to get RSC (Rapid Set cement).
- Use water to cement ratio for concrete mixes at 0.38 to 0.47.
- For injections apply water to cement ratio at 0.65 with high RPM blender.
- Adjustments of hardening time provide by adding of 1/10 weight of KF-JET.
- Shrinkage is lower at 2 to 3 times.
- Exothermic heat is lower at 30%.
- No shrinkage cracks, flakes, efflorescence, and dusty spots.
ADJUSTMENT OF SETTING TIME
- Mix cement slur for 1 minute.
- Take a 1-Liter volume jar and pick up the slur from the center of mixer.
- Do not stop mixer during the next procedure:
- Pour the content of the jar onto a glass or plastic plate 50 cm x 50 cm.
- Check the initial setting time, based on the type of KF-JET you are working with, either 3 min, 5 min, or 10 minutes.
- If setting time is shorter than required, add 500 ml of water per 100 Kg to the cement slur and mix again.
- If setting time is longer than required, start by adding KF-JET by 0.5 Kg per 100 Kg to the cement slur.
- Depending on the equipment and volume of application, please apply pumping pressure gradually from ½ bar until resistance to pumping pressure will be retarded.
- Increase the pressure up to 2 times to get cement slur moving through the hose and needles.
- Keep injection moving until the excess cement slur comes up around the needles.
- Turn off the pump and wait for an hour for stable results.
- In case bubbles appear around the needles, please proceed pumping for stable result.
For job sites with severe pressured leaks it is necessary to inject KF-JET premixed to cement in a ratio 1 : 10 in a dry form. Air pressure of the compressor transporting of that powder to the source of the leak should be equal to or higher than the original pressure of the leaking water (or any liquid).