KALMATRON® KF-K is an admixture to conventional concrete mixes used to quickly prepare Patching Concrete with high viscosity, strong adhesion and without cracks. KALMATRON® KF-K, added as 10 Lbs/CY or 6 Kg/m3 increases resistance to abrasion and impermeability to any liquids, including purified oil and gasoline. Final Hardening Time (FHT) varies from 45 minutes to 4 hours, which depends on patch size, water amount and/or mixer speed.
Preparation of Patching Concrete from conventional concrete mix
- Prepare a regular concrete mix with sufficient amount of water to achieve targeted Final Hardening Time (FHT):
- FHT of 45 minutes requires W/C = 0.375
- FHT of 1 hour 30 minutes requires W/C = 0.395
- FHT of 2 hours 15 minutes requires W/C = 0.405
- FHT of 3 hours requires W/C = 0.417, etc.
- Add 10 Lbs/CY or 6 Kg/m3 of KALMATRON® KF-K into the mixer with 1 CY or 1 m3 of concrete mix or chosen mixing volume where KF-K must be added respectively.
- The minimal mixing amount of concrete must be no less than 1/4 CY or 1/4 m3.
- Mixing time should be chosen in accordance with mixing speed, where for the standard concrete mixer it is 5 minutes and for high speed blender it is no more than 30 seconds.
- Final mix will be viscous, sticky and moveable with very good workability for application of concrete in place.
DEMO OF KF-K
- Clean up damaged area with brush and water.
- Chip out the edges of the dent or cracks.
- First apply Patching Concrete onto the edges.
- Next, pour Patching Concrete into the damaged area.
- Make sure that the layer of Patching Concrete is even with the edges of the damaged area.
- Smooth bind the edges with a metal trowel.
- Roughness of surface must be scheduled in 1 1/2 hours after application by metal brush.
- For repairing hydraulic structures, Patching Concrete with KF-K must be applied at a thickness of 1 1/2" or 38 mm for highest impermeability.
- KF-K is designed for patching roads, runways, pavements and sidewalks, heavily trafficked industrial floors, manholes, gas stations, sewage tanks, i.e., localized repair jobs which need to be completed in the shortest amount of time.
- High adhesion, compressive strength, resistance to abrasion and freeze resistance, as well as highest liquid impermeability allow the service period to last up to 10 years.
- Compared to other similar road patching materials, KF-K with lower cost of application provides a higher performance with simple maintenance.
- KF-K is ideal for water proofing structures designed for unstable humidity and temperature conditions, such as public and industrial buildings and structures.
The limits of hardening time must be requested by customer.